The United States is our 2nd largest source market and accounts for 15% of all visitors to the island.
Building on this success, the core focus of the strategy will remain to maximise Ireland’s capacity for conversion and to get more consumers 'over the line' in 2019 with special emphasis on Regional and Seasonal dispersion. As usual, a key part of our success will be through working with you, our industry partners, to maximise the profile of the island of Ireland as a destination for US travellers.
In 2019 there will be 18 direct gateways from the U.S.A. to Ireland.
Served by Aer Lingus, American, Delta, United & Norwegian: Atlanta, GA, Boston, MA, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Hartford, CT, Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA, Providence, RI, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, Stewart, NY & Washington DC.
American Airlines will begin a new Dallas to Dublin flight from 6 June and Aer Lingus will launch a new Minneapolis-St. Paul service starting 8 July 2019.
Passengers returning to the U.S.A. through Dublin & Shannon Airport, pre-clear US Customs & Immigration.
Highlights of our 2019 suite of Industry Opportunities include:
• Increase efforts on affinity group travel sales development (music, faith based, cultural and educational) to increase regional and seasonal visitation.
• Ongoing focus on luxury travel by working with upscale retail consortia and industry partners targeting higher conversion of high spending leisure travellers.
• Continue to program ‘Best of Ireland’ Sales Mission events in key cities to reach the important retail travel trade segment - 2019: Washington D.C., Atlanta, Boca Raton, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, San Diego, Beverly Hills & Seattle.
• Following 2018's successful participation, we are again giving our industry partners the opportunity to participate in an integrated partner platform at Travel Weekly’s two Global Travel Marketplace (GTM) events to connect with prequalified agents selling upscale FIT travel to Ireland and Europe.
• Provide a targeted selection of consumer facing platforms that provide significant exposure for the Island of Ireland’s golf, cultural and heritage products.
• Continue to create an educational and promotional webinar series that enables more island of Ireland stakeholders to carry their message to the U.S. retail trade directly.
• Continuation of our Consumer Partnership Program - offering our partners enhanced opportunities and even greater returns at each chosen level of investment.
• Increase focus on digital publicity channels and content marketing techniques in order to seek out new opportunities to engage with US travel agents and operators by providing them with up-to-date Irish travel news, awards and access.
• Increase focus on digital publicity channels to seek out new opportunities to engage with the younger independent segment in the US.
• Tourism Ireland’s evolving Trade Communications program includes our Ireland Specialists Program, our dedicated Trade Website, and monthly e-zines to our database of 7,956 key US travel industry contacts. We will continue to provide timely and targeted information & news from Island of Ireland industry and US travel industry.
Please check the site on a regular basis, register for email alerts for the latest information and opportunities throughout the year for USA. If you have any questions, drop us a line. We’re here to help.
We will continue to ensure that all 2019 promotional opportunities remain both cost and time efficient for those of you traveling to the US market. We look forward to working with you and your teams throughout 2019.
Click here to view our complete market profile for USA.