In September 2015 Tourism Ireland Netherlands will host the Ireland Workshop. The workshop is a business to business networking event bringing together island of Ireland industry and over 60 Dutch Tour Operators, travel agents and OTAs (This event will not have a MICE element).
Tour operators in the Netherlands have had a very successful 2014 and have seen significant growth in 2015.
Each industry partner will have an individual desk for meeting with the Dutch trade, who will be rotating between the desks every 10 minutes. The event will take place between 10am - 2pm.
The aim of this event is to:
- Help drive business to the Island of Ireland industry partners and increase Dutch visitor numbers
- Build new and existing relationships between island of Ireland industry and the trade in The Netherlands
- Provide island of Ireland industry the opportunity to showcase their products in The Netherlands
- Introduce new products to the Dutch travel trade
Our target Industry partners for this event are:
- Accommodation groups or associations (Up to 4*)
- Outdoor activity providers
- Access partners
- Regional Marketing groups
- New product providers
The typical Dutch holidaymaker profile is:
- Aged 35+ with the majority travelling as couples
- Fly/ drive packages are very popular with the average stay just over 6 nights
- Accommodation chosen tends to include Caravan & Camping sites, B&B´s and hotels up to 4 star. (5 star properties tend not to attract the Dutch market)
- Outdoor enthusiasts with particular interest in Walking, Cycling and Angling