Tourism Ireland’s Green is the new Black
campaign is new for 2020 and designed to build on the success of Tourism Ireland’s annual global greening initiative by extending its impact to drive bookings to the Island of Ireland.
Modelled on Black Friday, Green is the new Black
will be a ‘big splash’ sales period offering consumers the opportunity to avail of significant and time-limited savings on fares and tourism products throughout the island of Ireland. Offers will be hosted on dedicated campaign pages on Ireland.com providing a one-stop shop for savings and unique offers.
Green is the new Black
will be promoted through a global consumer PR-led initiative, supported by paid digital activity.
Get on board and submit your exceptional offers
and avail of this incredible opportunity to leverage the power of St. Patrick’s Day and the Global Greenings to increase your sales. This campaign will generate significant buzz in the marketplace and stimulate sales at a key booking period for travel to Ireland.
Criteria for your bespoke Green is the new Black offers (Criteria must be met for your offer to be accepted):
Submitting your offer:
- Offers will appear on Ireland.com from 13th – 23rd March and must be bookable during this time. The validity of the offer can be for any period between March and the end of the year. We will particularly welcome exceptional offers that extend the season and are only valid in the off-peak.
- Exceptional offers are also welcome that are bookable on St Patrick’s Day only. However, these offers must offer a discount of at least 30%, which research has shown to be best at driving conversion.
- Offers available for booking for the longer period (13th - 23rd ) have to be the equivalent of at least 20% off or be remarkable/unique or once off.
- Green is the new Black offers must be quirky or offer exceptional value, they need to stand out over and above the usual offers on Ireland.com. The best offers, either by value or innovation, will have most prominence on the site. See sample offers below.
Examples of exceptional value offers:
- The title of the offer must describe clearly the offer, offer location and the cost.
- Detailed instructions on how to avail of the offer must be included and lead directly to a booking page rather than the property home page.
- This booking page must have availability for that offer loaded for the duration of the campaign and it must be possible to buy that offer. If your offer is just for St. Patricks Day or is time limited, please remove the booking page from your site when it is no longer available to buy.
- Please add a compelling image (590x340 pixels in PNG or ESP format) with your logo overlaid on it to your offer (See example in gallery below). Tourism Ireland can assist you with this if necessary if you submit both images in PNG or ESP file format. If sending your image and logo separately the logo must be on a transparent background in PNG format.
- Validity dates must be provided, as well as your offer booking period ie either from March 13th to 23rd or on St Patrick’s Day only.
- The price for offers should be quoted in Sterling, Euro, or USD
- All offers are subject to editorial control and must meet the Green is the new Black criteria to be included in the campaign.
- Please ensure that all partners involved in your offer have agreed to it being supplied for this campaign prior to submission.
- No duplication of offers from a property will be accepted, however you can provide a few different offers, e.g. one super special limited availability offer or one offer that would only be displayed on St. Patricks Day to attract the consumers attention as well as a selection of other different good offers.
- Deadline for submission of offers is Friday 14th February, offers received after that date will be published on Ireland.com but will not enjoy the same prominence as those received by this date.
- All offers will be translated into French, German, Italian, Spanish and Dutch.
Offer submission for this opportunity is now closed.
- Come for dinner, stay for free for one night in November.
- Luxurious overnight and full Irish breakfast in award winning spa resort with complimentary use of thermal spa, complimentary cocktail on arrival for £75 p.p sharing in November. A discount of 30% off usual rates.
- 2 for the price of 1 tickets to visitor attractions from October to December.
- Pay for two nights and get a third night free for accommodation from March to May.
- Pay for 5 nights and get 2 nights free self-catering accommodation with complimentary bike hire/ guided walking tour in October.
- Pay for two children and bring one parent free on hop on hop off bus tour with free entry to one visitor attraction in April and September.
- Complimentary 45 minute spa treatment with 2 nights accommodation from October to December.
- One night accommodation in luxurious manor house hotel with complimentary Taste the Island supper from September to November.
- Everyone named Patrick or Patricia gets half price entry to visitor attractions with another paying adult during April.