Our main themes for the 2020 fair are the following:
Our Tourism Ireland stand at CMT 2020 (Hall 4, same position as previous years):
- The Wild Atlantic Way
- The Causeway Coastal Route and Northern Ireland
- Irelands Ancient East
- Irelands Hidden Heartlands
- Activities like Walking/Cycling/Cruising
- Film tourism (Game of Thrones, Star Wars)
The stand is 140 m² (20m² less than in 2019) and consists of three areas:
For 2020 we have a brand-new stand with a more modern and attractive look, therefore there are a few changes from pervious years. The stand size is smaller meaning that each individual desk will also be smaller.
- Information area (90 m²) where TI and partners exhibit their product/brochures. Each partner gets their own desk which they can equip to their specific needs (presentation on PC/tablet, brochures, imagery on top of counter) and a sign above the counter with the exhibitors´ company name. (Please note that this isn´t confirmed as we are in the process of designing a new CMT stand for 2020). Kindly forward logo and one image upon application. Each stand will also be labelled by category of which it falls into i.e. accommodation, cursing etc.
- Brochure exhibit area (within the information area): Partners that don´t wish to attend the fair personally but would like to exhibit their product brochure can choose the option of “brochure distribution”. Brochures will be sent to our warehouse in early December and we will distribute them at the fair.
Facts and information about the fair:
Date of fair:
- Pub area (50m²); this area in pub style with Guinness and other drinks/soft drinks and live music attracts a lot of visitors to the stand, many people visiting the pub also come over for information and vice versa. There is a connecting throughway from the pub area to the information area.
Saturday, 11.01. – Sunday, 19.01.2020
10:00 – 18:00 hrs
Profile of visitors (statistic of 2019):
In total 260,000 visitors, average age of visitor: 49.6 years
50% of visitors plan to travel on a holiday 3 times a year
73% of visitors plan to travel within Europe
44% of visitors have a household net income of €3600 or more
76% of the visitors come from within an area of 100 km away
65% are interested in the tourism part, 52% in the caravan part.
2,207 exhibitors from approx. 100 countries and 360 regions and cities recommendation figure of 88% for the fair.
10 halls with 120,000 m² exhibit floor
Entrance fees for visitors:
Day ticket: 15 Euro (reduced online fee of 14 Euro)
Happy hour ticket from 15:00 hrs: Euro 7.50
Method of signing up to the fair and participation fees (one person for each counter):
Prices have remained the same from 2019.
For Module 1-3 it is possible:
- to send different members of staff to take shifts at the fair;
- to team up with a different company but only have one company representative (either company A or B) at the stand. I.e. Hotel 1 is partnering up with walking tour operator, Walking tour operator is taking weekends, hotel is taking week days, or any other order.
It is also possible to have two members of staff present, please see below for 50% discount for 2nd
Module 1: 11.01. – 19.01.2020 /
9 days at CMT: € 1050 plus VAT
Module 2: 11.01. – 14.01.2020 (Saturday to Tuesday):
- experience two weekends and the full working week at the fair
4 days at CMT: € 750 plus VAT
Module 3: 15.01. – 19.01.2020 (Wednesday to Sunday):
- This rate (for 4 full days) is higher than module 3 (for 5 days) as it gives you the chance to attend the busy starting weekend of the fair. The visitors could be more Outdoor focussed in general, as Hall 10 of the fair is themed for hiking/cycling.
5 days at CMT: € 550 plus VAT
Module 1-3: 50% Discount for 2nd representative
- From Thursday until the end of the fair, theme in hall 10 is Golf and Wellness and will possibly attract consumers with a higher travel budget.
- Please note that the Press Party will take place on the Wednesday 15th of January evening after the fair has closed to the public.
representative: possibility to equip your counter with a second representative of your company to man your counter with two people always present
Please note the counter is slightly smaller than in previous years.
company: possibility to share a counter with another company, i.e. Caravan & Camping Council and Irish Ferries are a good match and do this for the past years; two representatives at the counter at all times.
The “sharing counter” option is only possible if we have enough companies that are willing to share and that they are a good fit and not with interfering interests. It is encouraged that you sign up as a shared counter if you have already identified a possible partner.
Module 4: Brochure distribution (for duration of fair):
€ 250 plus VAT
We will distribute your brochure, price per brochure type, no matter what volume. Please ensure that the brochures have been sent to our warehouse by December 2019; all instructions will be given upon registration.
What we would like to ask you if you join us as a partner:
What each participant will get from us when taking part (Module 1-3):
- We would like to make sure that your counter is covered by minimum of one person during the day between 10:00 – 18:00 hrs; we often get complaints by consumers if tables aren´t covered in the morning or evening times and on the last Sunday of the fair. It is important to be considerate of those guests who purchase happy hour tickets and only attend later in the evenings.
- Taking breaks during the day for lunch etc. can be covered by other attending the fair.
- We can´t allow for partners to leave a day earlier and leave the counter empty as it gives an unprofessional look to our Ireland stand.
Counter representatives – skills and requirements:
- Counter desk with lockable storage space – smaller than in previous years although still big enough to store personal belongings.
- Brochure stands at your counter to display your brochures
- Partner sign (details of this sign will be communicated at a later stage as new stand is in the process of being built)
- 1 x free WIFI code for one device (please note that this is not transferable)
- Kitchen with tea/coffee making facilities, fridge and water refreshments; kitchen is locked for storing coats/jackets.
- Easy shipping for your brochures, you can ship a bulk order to our warehouse INFOX by the beginning of December 2019.
Access to Stuttgart trade fair:
- German language is not essential as many Germans like to test out their English and are usually able to speak in English.
- You should be open for conversations and interested to hear Irish travel stories of many consumers; usually we have a lot of good conversations taking place.
- You should also be open not to only talk about your business but to talk about Ireland in general. For example if you are a walking tour operator in a specific region, people could ask you for walking in other counties or if you are representing a company in the IAE, consumers could ask you about places to go in the IAE but also along the WAW.
- There is always an option to send consumers on to fellow colleagues but in general everyone at the TI stand should aim for a good conversation about Ireland, no matter what/where.
- We are all “Team Ireland”!
- If there are any difficulties in understanding consumers, there is German speaking TI staff at the fair at all times, and many other partners speak German too.
The trade fair is located at the Stuttgart airport. Partners are either picking accommodation near the trade fair/airport or in Stuttgart City centre. There is a S-Bahn (local train) service from Stuttgart city centre to the trade fair, duration approx. 30 minutes.
Aer Lingus / Lufthansa / Ryanair route Dublin-Frankfurt (with good train connection to Stuttgart approx. 2 hours)
Aer Lingus / Lufthansa / Ryan air route Dublin – Munich (with train connections of approx. 4 hours)
There are a limited number of spaces for the module options and this year we are running a
first come first served basis for the module options. We have equal number of stands available for both segments and when one is filled the subsequent applications will be added to the segment which still has space.