'Have you a story to tell?' offers you the opportunity to send us news about your product or event, which we will then share with our Tourism Ireland colleagues overseas. In turn, they may share it with our extensive network of travel trade, media contacts and with consumers through our various e-zines, social media channels and on Ireland.com.
We are looking for quirky stories that will capture the imagination of potential visitors to the island of Ireland, stories that will bring to life the prospect of a fun and engaging holiday experience in the island of Ireland. Have you been awarded any accolades? Do you have some special seasonal recipes to share with our Facebook fans? Are there any myths and legends associated with your product? Did one of your guests catch the biggest fish this season? Did you have an extra special VIP guest that you can tell us about?
How we will tell your story overseas
In an ever-changing media landscape, where content is king, Tourism Ireland distributes information to consumer, press and trade contacts multiple times each day.
Your stories are invaluable to us to ensure we are sharing the very best and freshest content about the island of Ireland. By sharing your story and a good image with us, we can share it with our global network of contacts in the following ways:
- Ireland.com: 18+ million visits in 2018
- Consumer e-zines: 43 million consumer emails will be sent in 2018 to a database of 2.4+ million customers
- Facebook: 4.3+ million fans
- Twitter: 500k+ followers
In 2018, we have leveraged our 24,000+ media contacts to deliver €313+ million in equivalent advertising value worldwide.
- Regular media e-zines
- Press releases and media events
- Local media rooms
- Social media
Tourism Ireland has an extensive network of trade contacts, including tour operators, group operators, wholesalers, MICE specialists and travel agents.
- Regular trade e-zines
- Local trade websites
Send us your story now
The best submissions
We can’t guarantee usage but submissions with the best chance of selection tend to contain the following:
The best images
- Breath-taking landscapes
- Quirky animals
- Beautiful pub fronts
- Stunning castles
- Thatched cottages
- Literary quotes
The best stories
Send us your story now
- International awards/accolades
- Upcoming festivals
- VIP guests
- Quirky stories
For Submissions Received
We will share your story with our Tourism Ireland overseas colleagues where relevant. In turn, they may share it with our network of travel trade, media contacts and with consumers through our various e-zines, social media channels and on Ireland.com
We are not in a position to liaise directly with contributors, but will credit you in the following ways if your content is used across Tourism Ireland’s social media platforms:
- For video content, we will provide a YouTube link to the video in question, driving traffic to your YouTube channel. In the posts themselves, we will tag your social media account or reference the owner where appropriate.
- For general web content such as an article or listicle, we will include a link to the page, plus a reference within the tweet to your company name and/or the handle for your corporate Twitter account.
- For imagery, please note that we will require all imagery to be supplied without watermarks and for the desired copyright line to be included in the body of the email itself. NB: We do not share submitted imagery on a regular basis, as we source imagery from the Tourism Ireland image bank, or retweet imagery sourced organically on Twitter.